Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Voted for Change

This morning I left my apartment in the District of Columbia to head to the polls and vote for Barack Obama.

While I was walking down the street, I was immediately struck by how many smiles and knowing nods I recieved. Apparently people like the "Obama 08" sticker stuck to my coat. I was also excited when I got these nods from a group of soldiers and FBI agents on their way to work. Who doesn't want the support of the folks who are defending our country every day?

It was about a 45 minute commute to my polling place by subway, which is quite a distance to travel to vote in a city. However, the frustration of the commute was eased by a woman sitting next to me. She immediately struck up a conversation about how she loved my sticker and had just voted for Obama.

Finally I got to my polling place and was able to cast my vote for change. I gotta tell you, it was a great way to start the morning!

I am excited to see the vote count this evening, but I beleive Generation Obama will carry the Potomac Primary for Barack. We'll have to review those exit polls.

No comments: